We must be the change we seek in the world. Our business will be conducted to benefit people and place. We are dependent upon and responsible for each other and future generations.
Ridge and Valley Tours desires to make a social impact in SW Wisconsin. We strive to be leaders in beneficial business formation. We want more than a financial bottom line. We want our business practices to reflect our desire for placemaking in SW Wisconsin. Placemaking is capitalizing on a local community’s assets, inspiration, and potential, with the intention of creating public spaces that promote people’s health, happiness, and well being. We especially desire to cling to our family farm heritage and local history while embracing new models of beneficial business.
We desire to see agri-tourism grow in SW Wisconsin. We see great potential to promote family farms and other small businesses aligned with agriculture. We also want to bring attention to our unique Karst geology and the ever-changing ecology of the Driftless area.
We feel the best way to really make a social impact is thru our connections. We plan to connect to our local Airbnb hosts, our chamber of commerce, and other local businesses. We have numerous local partner businesses that we align with.
Our goals as a Benefit Corporation-
- Incorporate into our mission statement a commitment to reducing social and environmental harm
- Maintain a board of directors, exercise financial transparency, have financial controls in place to prevent fraud
- Hire employees with an eye to diversity, pay equitably, provide benefits as able, and treat employees as we would expect to be treated
- Provide entertainment that educates, informs, and benefits our attendees’ health and well-being and promotes the art and science community
- Carry merchandising that seeks to promote agri-tourism with multifunctional products manufactured with environmentally safe practices
- Guarantee our tours unconditionally. Provide the highest level of hospitality we can. Be quick to respond to all contacts for information, bookings, and inquiries.
- Continue to foster our partner relationships-always seeking to use local resources.
- Promote all of our partners, co-market and give them an outlet to grow their businesses on social platforms. Mutually benefit all of our partners by building a community.
- Communicate with our partners, in writing, our company’s mission, including our social and environmental standards. Encourage our partners to use environmental best practices.