We are mindful of nature’s vulnerability. As we set out to plan our business and do our small part, we seek to take into account the increasing scarcity of energy and water and their rising cost, as well as the rising cost of waste and its disposal. As our company is responsible for everything done in our name, so are our partner businesses responsible for their part of their social and ecological footprint. We will encourage our partners to consider the environment when possible but we are separate entities with control only over our sphere of business practices. Here are our goals to reduce our environmental impact.
- Inventory our energy, water, carbon use, and waste generation; measure performance
- Benchmark and target increases in the use of recycled and biodegradable materials; measure performance. Source our merchandise (t-shirts, hats, products) from eco-friendly sources. Reduce packaging of merchandise. Recycle and repurpose when possible. We have decided to obtain all of our business apparel from a Wisconsin based local business, Lands End in Dodgeville, WI. They follow the CALIFORNIA TRANSPARENCY IN SUPPLY CHAINS ACT OF 2010.
- Use UTV for transportation. Monitor energy use of vehicle and home office. Seek energy efficient options
- Grow a garden, seek organic products, choose healthy alternatives. Harvest rainwater. Compost all vegetation while reducing food waste.
- Recycle all cardboard, paper, plastic, glass, and metal. Reduce the use of chemicals while cleaning the home office; using environmentally preferable products. Seek to use environmentally safe options for recycling electronics. We also recycled all our waste from our major renovation in 2020. All the styrofoam, plastic, cardboard was recycled.
- Use unbleached and/or chlorine-free paper products (copy paper, paper towels, napkins, etc) and use recycled materials whenever they meet performance standards
- Seek to do the best by the environment whenever possible
We have found the ClimateCare organization in the UK and they have a cool carbon calculator. We have linked our site to their calculator so you can figure out your own carbon footprint.
Carbon offsetting is an internationally recognized way to take responsibility for unavoidable carbon emissions. In a world where climate change is increasingly on the agenda and global emissions continue to grow, your customers, investors, and staff are looking to your business to act responsibly.
In simple terms, offsetting one tonne of carbon means there will be one less tonne of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere than there would otherwise have been. It is the fastest way to achieve emissions reductions and the only way to achieve carbon neutrality. And our carbon calculator will help you do just that. Choosing to offset through ClimateCare means you’ll support best practice projects that deliver value for the environment, your business and local communities.