We seek to bring awareness to agri-tourism, eco-tourism and small local businesses in our area. Certified B Corporations are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. B Corps are accelerating a global culture shift to redefine success in business and build a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
We are first seeking to be designated as a Benefit Corporation under Wisconsin Legislative statute Chapter 204. It is our intention to have a material positive impact on our society and the environment by our operations as a benefit corporation, taken as a whole, through activities that promote some combination of specific public benefits.
As a state of Wisconsin Benefit Corporation, we seek to:
- Provide low-income or underserved individuals in our community with beneficial products or services. Richland County has 13%, low-income individuals and we seek to promote farm family economics with our tour offerings.
- Promote economic opportunity for individuals or communities beyond the creation of jobs in the normal course of business. We will support local businesses with our purchases and promote our local partners to our tour customers.
- Preserve the environment of the Driftless ecosystem.
- Improve human health with agri-tourism, educational offerings and connection of consumer to their food sources.
- Promote the arts, sciences, or advancement of knowledge with heritage tourism, agritourism, and ecotourism and hospitality events.
- Increase the flow of capital to entities with a public benefit purpose in our charitable giving and volunteer efforts.
- provide hospitality in which we benefit our society and the environment, especially with regards to the family farm heritage of Wisconsin.
We plan to acquire B corporation certification from the globally accreditated B Labs. We have taken steps to incorporate practices that meet the requirements of the B Impact Assessment. We have included B Corp language in our operating agreement and will continue to write a policy that affects our daily operations. We hope to achieve B Corp certification in 3 years.
Please read our sections on Social Impact and Environmental Impact to get an idea of the aligning ideas we have for our business from the start. We feel it is important to be leaders in our community as we form this business. We have traveled far and wide across America and seek to bring this movement and impact to SW Wisconsin.
- Provide hospitality
- Build community
- Have fun
- Promote local
- Behave Responsibly
- Benefit all-people, place and planet